Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Introducing new blogger

My name is Melissa Landau and I am starting a new blog for Z Tree church in Indianapolis. I hope to include news about discussions from Bible study, Congregational Reflection time during worship services, and book studies so that others can share in the conversation. Inviting thoughts, comments, and observations about participation in opportunities to minister around town would be included as well. There are no doubt plenty of things to talk about that I have not even thought of yet! Maybe other folks will have some good ideas, too.

I enjoy attending Z Tree because it offers an accepting environment for spiritual exploration within the context of the Christian tradition. I can ask questions and receive responses that reflect depth of thought and knowledge. The questions that come up from others are thought-provoking and often challenge me to look at issues from a different perspective and think them through more thoroughly than I have in the past. My ideas and comments are met with respect. More importantly, I am met with respect.

I am proud to come from a church background that has a history of people holding fast to their faith and staying together even when enduring persecution during the Protestant Reformation. They suffered because they dared to challenge the status quo and bring forth new ideas and ways of worshiping and serving. But they never lost sight of the message of Jesus and they eventually journeyed to places all over the globe to bring the Gospel to new areas. We at Z Tree share in the challenge of this tradition as we seek to come together in community and find ways to minister to those who could use some Good News.

I am looking forward to bringing ideas and information to others and looking forward to hearing what people have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment